REWARD MONEY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please find below your Reward Money terms and conditions (the "Conditions"). This does not replace our standard terms and conditions.
By using your Reward Money, you will be taken to have accepted these Conditions. If you do not accept these Conditions, you will not be able to take part in the Rewards Money programme and you must opt out by clicking the link in your account area. If you do leave the scheme you will lose any Reward Money in your account. You can rejoin at any time but you will not be able to recover any Reward Money you lost when you left the scheme.
* You will earn Reward Money on Eligible Purchases.
* We will record Reward Money in your Customer account.
* You can use your Reward Money for Eligible Redemptions.
* Reward Money has no cash value and cannot be exchanged for money, sold or traded in any other way.
1. Introduction and Definitions
These Conditions set out the basis on which you can earn and redeem Reward Money.
These Conditions form a separate agreement between us and you to the agreement in respect of your policy purchases. These Conditions are governed by English law.
We will use the following defined terms in these Conditions:
* By "Eligible Purchases", we mean completed purchases of selected non-insurance products that you make from our Website that have not subsequently been refunded.
* Eligible Purchases do not include purchases of Excluded Items.
* By "Eligible Redemptions", we mean any purchases that you make of certain selected insurance policies from us. Eligible Redemptions do not include purchases of Excluded Items.
* By "Excluded Items" we mean any goods and services which we exclude from the programme from time to time.
* "Affiliate Retailer" means third party retailers from which we receive commissions and Reward Money.
* "Website" means your account area within www.insurancerepublic.co.uk.
Where these Conditions refer to finding out or checking information about the programme, that information will be available on the Website.
2. How do you earn Reward Money?
Subject to the rest of this Condition 2, you will earn Reward Money on Eligible Purchases that you make using the Website.
You will earn Reward Money at the commission rate and/or in the manner paid to us by the relevant Affiliate Retailer. The Reward Money amount creditied to your account will be based on all or part of the commission we receive from the Affiliate Retailer however we will have no obligation to divulge the amount of commission we have received or how this has been calculated.
Reward Money has no cash value and cannot be exchanged for money, sold or traded in any other way.
We may make promotional offers or introductory or loyalty rewards from time to time which allow you to earn additional Reward Money.
You will not earn Reward Money on any purchase of an Excluded Item.
You cannot transfer Reward Money between separate accounts.
You must be over 18 to take part in the Reward Money scheme.
You can opt out by clicking the link in your account area. If you do Condition 5 will apply.
We cannot take responsibility for transactions that are not tracked accurately or if any errors occur once you land on an Affiliate Retailers site following a link from the Website or anywhere on our site. We will be unable to recover any commissions from untracked transactions and any Reward Money you may have earned will be lost.
3. How can you check your Reward Money balance?
You can check your Reward Money balance and that of your additional cardholder(s) by logging on to the Website.
We may inform you from time to time about additional ways in which you and can check your Reward Money balance.
4. How do you redeem your Reward Money?
Subject to any promotional offer that may be made to you from time to time, the current redemption value of Reward Money is £1 of Reward Money equals £1 sterling and you can redeem your Reward Money by logging in to your account area and following the instructions to make Eligible Redemptions.
We may introduce, and subsequently vary, a minimum redemption amount and/or a minimum amount that you must spend on a transaction before you can redeem your Reward Money, from time to time.
We may apply a maximum limit to the amount of Reward Money which can be redeemed on an individual purchase, and we may vary that limit from time to time. The limit is currently £100. We may also apply a minimum transaction value on any Eligible Redemption. This is currently £1.
You may not redeem your Reward Money against any Excluded Items or for transactions that are not in sterling.
You may only redeem Reward Money once it has been recorded in your account area. There will be a delay between making Eligible Purchases and receiving Reward Money on your account. This delay is dependent on the time taken for the Affiliate Retailer to send commissions to us (which is out of our control) and the time taken to account for those commissions in our systems.
You will not be able to redeem your Reward Money in exceptional circumstances.
On any Eligible Redemption the amount redeemed will be determined by us and we may use all or only some of your reward Money in any transaction.
5. Losing your Entitlement to Reward Money
Reward Money in your customer account will expire after 18 months. If Reward Money expires, you will lose any Reward Money in your customer account.
We will be entitled to suspend or terminate your right to earn and redeem Reward Money if:
* you notify us that you wish to opt out of the Rewards Money programme or do so by clicking the link in your customer account area;
* we reasonably suspect that you have committed a fraud on your customer account or when making any insurance claim;
* we reasonably consider that you are abusing the programme;
* you breach these Conditions.
* we notify you that we are closing your customer account in accordance with these terms and Conditions;
* any situation that we reasonably consider is sufficiently serious that it justifies our taking this action.
If we will terminate your right to earn and redeem Reward Money and you will lose any Reward Money in your customer account:
We will be entitled to suspend your ability to earn and redeem Reward Money if it is necessary to do so for reasons outside our reasonable control including, but not limited to:
* technical problems; or
* there has been, or we reasonably suspect there has been or is likely to be, fraud against the Rewards Money programme.
If you get a refund in relation to an Eligible Purchase where you earned Reward Money, we reserve the right to remove that Reward Money from your customer account.
If you have made an Eligible Redemption and subsequently cancel the policy and receive a refund then any Reward Money you used will be lost.
If you have made an Eligible Redemption and subsequently replace the relevant policy with another then we will apply the Redemption Money to the new policy but in the event that the original policy exceeds the price of the replacement policy any surplus Rewards Money will be lost.
We will monitor your account and refunds activity for signs of abuse such as where we reasonably consider that you are seeking to take unfair advantage of the Rewards Money programme.
7. Changes to these Conditions
We may change these Conditions, including how you may redeem Reward Money, by updating these terms on the Website. It is your responsibility to review the website for any changes in these terms each time you use the Rewards Money programme.
We reserve the right to withdraw the Reward Money programme at any time and without reason. We will aim to give you notice by email if we do this.
We reserve the right to make changes to the Rewards Money programme, including the Affiliate Retailers. Details of changes to the programme will be made available on the Website with as much notice as possible.
We will collect, use, share and store personal information about you in any way described in our standard terms and conditions. In addition, for the purposes of the administration and management of the Rewards Money programme we may use and share limited information about you with Affiliate Retailers and their group companies.