We strive to be one of the best insurance providers in the UK, and have made it our mission since 2006 to put our customers at the centre of everything we do. We understand what poor service looks like and know how you'd like to be treated. So whether you are making a complicated claim or just have a simple query we'll get back to you as soon as we can, and answer your question in a way that you can understand.
What we do
We provide Travel, Gadget and Holiday Home Insurance. That's it, and we keep everything as simple as we can. No clutter. No nonsense.
That's all very well, but what if you want to make a claim?
Firstly, one of the most important things is that you know what you're covered for and what you're not covered for when you purchase your policy. That way you won't have any shocks if you need to make a claim. Don't think everything is covered - it isn't. And there is usually always an excess to pay. Just imagine if everyone could claim for everything. The amount of staff needed to handle all those claims and the cost of your policy would be huge. The excess is a way of sharing a little bit of the risk with you, helping to bring the cost down for everyone. The important things are almost always covered but sometimes the smaller things will not be.
Of course when you do make a claim it doesn't matter how much your claim is for - whether it's £100 or £1,000 - getting it dealt with quickly is what's important. The claims team should keep you informed but it's worthwhile asking them how long your claim will take. But remember, if the claim turns out to be more complicated than it first looked it might take longer to process than originally thought. If it's a medical claim they will need to contact all the hospitals, get copies of any medical reports and so on.
Even so, if you think your claim is taking longer than you'd like you're not going to think much of us, and you probably won't have kind words to say about us. We definitely don't want that to happen - so if you are feeling ignored please contact us and we will find out what's going on for you. There's usually a good reason for delays with a claim but you might just not have been told what it is.
If you do need to make a claim you can find the necessary contact information on your certificate of insurance. If you have lost this, you can login to your customer area and simply print another one. What's more, we're regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm reference number 538464) so as an insurance business, all our activities are fully regulated. The FCA was set-up by the government to ensure financial services firms are being fair and following certain principles of conduct.
Why buy from us...
* We only ever use UK call centres, and provide a 24/7 emergency medical service team if anything happens to go wrong on your trip.
* All our travel insurance policies come with at least £10 million worth of medical cover and include repatriation to the UK, personal accident and personal legal liability. Additionally, the costs of hospital treatment, surgery and medicines are all covered.
* It's completely secure when buying insurance from us - this site and your online account area uses 256bit SSL encryption from top to bottom.
* Within your secure online account area you can also easily manage your policy yourself. All of your documents are available online at any time, should you need to make changes.
* If you change your mind about travelling or purchasing your policy we're happy to give you a full refund within 14 days (providing you haven't already travelled or made a claim).
Travel insurance can be complicated at times. Even the best written policy wording usually runs to pages and pages of small print. This is because of the nature of a travel insurance policy, wrapping up many different types of insurance so you can take them all with you when you travel - medical, baggage, personal possessions, cancellation, dental, pet and more - all in one policy. That's a lot of cover, and so we try our best to make our policies as easy to understand as possible. But if you're still struggling then please just send us an email or pick up the phone and ask us a question.